State Fair 2008

This year, I decided to make a photographic chronicle our food intake. I missed a few items, but for the most part, this is what we did/ate at the Fair.

First attempt at taking a food picture...


John's got a Turkey Leg, I have a Pronto Pup


After a visit to the Leine Lodge. I got Summer Shandy. Mmm.


Beers.



By the Food Building (we had some cheese curds, forgot to take a picture).


John finishing his mom's reuben



This cow reminded us of Cornflake.


Big Fat Bacon Stand


Bacon!!!



I was so excited that I got two ears of corn for one ticket that I ate 'em up before getting a picture!


Steak Sammie. SOOO Tasty


I'm pretty sleepy and ready to go. Backstreet Boys were playing at the Grandstand, so I was waiting to hear "Everybody (Backstreet's Back)". Finally got to hear it when we were almost to the car.


Key Lime Pie on a Stick


I didn't get pictures of the Sweet Martha's cookies that someone else bought and we ate some of. We also bought a bag of saltwater taffy before we left. There were a few things that we usually eat and do that we didn't this time, but, that will give us renewed enthusiasm next year!

7 comments:

Kerri said...

I am completely jealous. This post is pure torture. Corn...cheese curds...big fat bacon...I guess I should have breakfast. :)

Whitney C. said...

Big fat bacon was more awesome than I even thought it would be. So yummy!

Claire said...

Wow, what a lovely lovely part of our world. Especially the bacon. And the steak sandwich. And the corn.

Oh, and of course, the BSB.

Whitney said...

I hate you. Ask them if they can extend the fair till I get there. DO IT! Our fair is advertising deep fried pb & j. You know me I love all things deep fried but it seriously just looks like an uncrustable dipped in batter. Goo. I'm jealous you got to hear the BSB. We heard someone while we were there. The memory is hazy but I clearly recall how pissed off you were that you got wet jeans on the river ride. Hee hee! Good times.

Ashley said...

Yummy fried cheese curds are delicious!

ryann and jeff said...

what is a pronto pup?

Whitney C. said...

"Pronto Pups are different from regular corn dogs because the batter contains a blend of several different flours to create its widely popular taste. The dogs are hand-dipped and fried on location. The Pronto Pup company claims to have invented the corn dog in 1941" They are always fresh, so they are pretty tasty.
Teter, I still feel bad about that. :(