Two down. Ten more to go.

I KNEW I forgot to do something before I left the house this morning! Before I talked to John, I thought it was that I had forgotten to make my lunch. John just called me and told me that two Christmas ornaments were broken when he got up this morning, and then I remembered: I forgot to put the tree away before I left for work.

We just decorated our little tree last night, and already there's two casualties. Damn kitties! Actually, that should be singular, as in damn cat, Smokey. As soon as the tree was decorated he was right there, trying to bite (!) the ornaments and chew on the (fake) tree. Idiot. Cornflake just wanted to be near the tree-- either he saw all the flak Smokey was getting and decided he wanted no part of that, or he's not as DUMB as Smokey and didn't think glass would be tasty.

There are some ornaments that aren't glass, so they should be fine. We'll see what's left when I get home. I suppose it's too much to expect a cat not to be attracted to shiny, round things dangling on a tree. Sigh.

0 comments: