The Christmas Shoes

I love Christmas carols, but "The Christmas Shoes" is the all time worst Christmas song. I hate the way it's sung, I hate the shitty lyrics, I hate the over-the-top sentimentality, I hate that it's not a traditional carol, I hate that it comes on the radio and ruins my holiday joy with it's awfulness. I just want to say "you know what, kid, people don't wear shoes in heaven, and if they did, Jesus wouldn't care what kind you had on; so save your dollar, and go home and spend time with your dying mother instead of buying her some stupid shoes she couldn't care less about." I don't think that's the song's intent, but that's how it makes me feel.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Haven't heard it. And I'm thinking that's a good thing. Just keep singing "Simply having a wonderful Christmastime". You know I am!

Claire said...

There's nothing left to say, except that I agree. You've said what needed to be said, and I thank you.


Now the radio stations need that message!