Holes

I'm having a hard time recovering from my Thanksgiving break. Being the genius that I am, I stayed up late every night and slept in every morning during those days off. Now, I find myself wide awake at 1am, not able to fall asleep until sometime around 3am. When it's time to wake up and get ready for work, my best pal is the snooze button. But my best pal Snooze has a downside, and that is that I only leave myself about 15 minutes to get ready. Yesterday, I already knew I wanted to wear a button down shirt with a sweater. I pulled a black sweater on over a white button down, and immediately I noticed not one, not two, but three tiny holes in my sweater, highlighted by the white shirt underneath. It was too late to try and figure out something else to wear, so I shrugged and wore it anyhow. No one noticed the holes, or if they did, they didn't say anything. When I got home I carefully placed it in the mending pile (alright fine, I actually tossed it into the random pile of clothes in my room).

I'm starting to worry about my sweaters, because I just finished mending a brown one that was full of holes. I hope it's just from an evil washing machine, and that I don't have a rogue moth chewing through all my cashmere and woolen warm things. This morning I found out that the hole plague is not just confined to sweaters-- I pulled on my sock, and there's a hole in the toe. Come to think of it, I had a pair of socks on two days ago with a hole in the heel. When did all these holes happen? Are all my things that old or badly cared for? It's clear that this can only mean one thing: Winter Shopping Spree.

3 comments:

JC said...

Kitty may be chewing on your sweaters since he doesn't receive kibble on a consistent basis lately.

Whitney C. said...

hey, he chewed thru the bag, he's not a dummy!

Whitney said...

"I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in and stops my mind from wandering..."