Lake Day

My mother sent me an email on Tuesday morning that said she missed me and wondered if I wanted to come with her on Saturday (which is, as I write this, today) to the lake to help clean out the lake house for the winter. Even though I know that my mom loves me, it's always nice to get an email from her that says she loves me, misses me and wants to spend time with me. :) There were gobs of golden, orange, red, and rust colored leaves to be seen on the drive up north to Lake Mille Lacs. When we arrived, dad was in his waders out in the lake, helping Bob take boat lifts out of the lake for winter. The weather today was amazing, it was in the 70's, with a warm breeze. Addison and I amused ourselves watching a spider travel across the ceiling (as long as it stayed on the other side of the room from me, I was okay with it). Later a chipmunk came up onto the deck and stuffed it's face w/the seeds in the little helicopter leaves that were everywhere. After dad was done with the boat lifts he wanted to take me to see the Land. The Land is the land he bought a few years ago to hunt on. It's a good size acreage with a few different woods, a cabin, some corn planted on it and some swampy areas. I'm the only one who hasn't been there yet, so I was excited to go see it. The roads to get there are all gravel, and there are No Trespassing and Private Property signs up. He showed me where the boundaries are, and explained what was his and how far it extended. We all went on a walk and saw some deer and coyote tracks. I had mom take a picture of me and Addison, it's a bit blurry but I still like it. I took some pictures at the lake, too, I'll put those up as well.

Addison by the lake

Fat Cheeks

Snake on a Dad

Dad's Land

Me and Addy

1 comments:

Whitney said...

Isn't it nice to have "back with the fam" times? I just had that this weekend with mine. We all got along so great. It was a little bittersweet because it's prob the last time we're doing a 'family' vacation...