The In Joke

Why Sponge Bob?

I think I've touched on this subject before, but it was quite some time ago, and a few folks may have missed that post. With the template change, I thought maybe I should explain the Sponge Bob thing. Contrary to everything my blog name and template suggest, I am not a die hard fan of Sponge Bob. In fact, I've only seen that cartoon a few times. Admittedly, it's funny and likable, but I don't have cable and wouldn't go out of my way to watch it if I did have cable, anyhow.

The real reason for SpongeBobAlliance is an In Joke resulting from a personality quiz regarding the cartoon character you are most similar to (obviously the answer being Sponge Bob). My bff's Kerri and Sydne took the same quiz and were also identified as Sponge Bob. There are some other details (this is the In Joke part, so, it's kind of unexplainable-- mystery is appealing, right?), and so Sponge Bob Alliance (SBA) was born.

Now Sponge Bob is a happy, fun guy. He wouldn't have a dark, stark blog template! So I went in search of a new template, and I found this little gem-- actually, it found me. I wasn't even looking for a Sponge Bob template, but there it was. It is happy, warm and bright --like moi, right?-- so I thought it fit quite well.

2 comments:

Kerri said...

the new layout inspired me to dig up my old google account & leave a comment and stop lurking around your blog. not that i already don't but, this post makes me miss 2 of my favorite people even more than i already do. ahhhhh...the good 'ol days. excuse the lowercase, i'm typing with one hand. :)

Whitney C. said...

aaah, you just brought a HUGE grin to my face! :)