Second Most Wonderful Time of the Year

My favorite time of the year is Christmastime (my definition of Christmastime begins the day after Thanksgiving and lasts through New Years). My second favorite time: State Fair time! The State Fair closes out summer and heralds my favorite season, Fall. Soon it will be cool enough to wear sweatshirts (God I hate summer clothes!) and jeans everywhere, but not so cold that you can't still wear flip flops. It's the Best!

The Fair is the one place where I can stuff my face with all kinds of treats and not feel an ounce of guilt. In fact, I only feel remorse if I forget to eat something that's on my list. Roasted corn: you're number one on The List.

Here's a picture from last year's trip to the Fair. Maybe one of these lil' guys grew up to be the Biggest Pig in Minnesota! :)

4 comments:

melissa o said...

YES! Cheese curds! Are you back in MN? Want to set up a coffee date?

Whitney said...

I am so upset with Lagoon. There roasted corn is a. more expensive b. smaller c. not dipped in melted butter and d. you don't have the option to but lemon pepper or hot pepper on it.

Whitney C. said...

Why don't they dip it in butter?!! That's just DUMB! Then it's like, good for you, an' stuff.

ryann and jeff said...

hooray for sweatshirts! i heart hoodies.