The Two Gentlemen of Fremont and the Fiery Death Avoided

I came home to find my two cats looking guilty-- I think I caught them right after the Naughty Act had occurred. Smokey was on the windowsill, and Cornflake was on the counter, and below them, a broken antique lamp lay in the kitty drinking fountain (which is powered by electricity, and is necessary as it encourages Smokey to drink there instead of out of the toilet, thank you very much). So, the lamp was still plugged in, laying in the bowl of water that was also plugged in. Everything was fine, however, I couldn't help but wonder, over the years, how many cats have been responsible for apartment fires?

4 comments:

Whitney said...

Sheesh! Could they have gotten electrocuted had they drank from the water?!

Whitney C. said...

I think it's possible, but, I did reach down and take the lamp out of the water and nothing happened to me, so, I suppose everything was okay. That would have been awful to come home to!

Claire said...

Crazy cats! You have to love the adventure they bring into life- impending death may be crouched around any given corner!

Whitney C. said...

They are the best free entertainment around!