A pirate and a professor went to a party...

I didn't think we were going out for Halloween this year (I feel kind of old to be hitting the town in a costume), but John decided at the last moment that we would, so, I had to be a pirate again, and John was Einstein/some kind of disheveled professor, with a sweet moustache.

We went to the same party we went to last year: the infamous "orgy" party (John is quite certain that right after we left last year, everyone there got naked). This party is in an artist's space/loft type thing, in Northeast Minneapolis. John's friend, Luis, is our hookup, as his sister knows the people that throw the party. The costumes last year were excellent, and the crowd is eclectic --lots of liberal art types; which was bad last year, because John wore a Dubya mask and some art jerks punched him in the face. What tolerant, accepting people, right? Also, last year, as the night lengthened, things started to get a bit, uh, free, so we decided it was time to go.

This year there was a really good Calypso/Caribbean band, an aerial scarf act, and much later a DJ. We shared a cab home with some silly girls, one of whom told John "I'll date you" and that he looked like James Blunt (HA! Big mistake, girl, as John does not like him, so no, you won't date him talking like that. Not to mention there's me. But I was in the back seat and couldn't hear what she was saying). Here are some pictures-- sadly, they are very dark, but John's came out good:

Aerial Performer


Professor John


Luis as a horse in a suit (and Maria, his sister is partially in the picture, too)


I have another picture to post, but for some reason it's not loading. Check back later...

2 comments:

Whitney said...

FUN! Let's see what did I do that Saturday night...Oh I had my friends over for dinner and then went to The Prestige (i had the whole thing figured out before the end!) You look like you had more fun!

Whitney C. said...

Oooh, I want to see that movie! I bet you had just as much fun as I did on Saturday-- dinner is always fun!